Meet Robin Wazny, SPACE, Inc.’s Contract Administrator and Accounts Receivable extraordinaire!
Could you explain your role at SPACE, and a little bit about what you do?
I actually have two roles at SPACE:
- Accounts Receivable – I’m involved in invoicing, collections, and our monthly/quarterly financial reporting.
- Contract Administrator – I maintain current, complete, and compliant GSA contracts and provide the reporting required by federal contracts and agencies.
How did your path lead to SPACE?
Before joining the team at SPACE, I was a Health Information Technician at the MidMichigan Visiting Nurses Association for 16 years. I worked from their Gladwin office, but eventually decided that I wanted to work closer to home. Through some networking, I discovered that SPACE was hiring for an Order Entry position and applied!
What has been the most enjoyable aspect of your time with SPACE?
Our team – everyday I get to be around crazy smart people and learn from them!
What are you most proud about throughout your time with SPACE?
I am most proud of all of the knowledge I’ve gained about the unique world of Government Contracting and that, because of the knowledge I’ve gained, I now hold the position of Contract Administrator.
In your opinion, what is the future of design — and how will SPACE be able to help?
In my opinion, the future of design will heavily emphasize sustainability: Designers will find new ways to create products and services that minimize their environmental impact and promote long-term sustainability.
I believe that SPACE will be able to help this effort through our SPACE anew program, which helps reinvent workplaces by upcycling and reimagining their existing furniture assets.
Fun facts about Robin:
- Robin has been married for 38 years to her incredible husband, John.
- Robin and John have two married children who have blessed them with two granddaughters. (In addition, they will be blessed with two more grandchildren this spring, as both Robin’s daughter and daughter-in-law are expecting!)
- Robin enjoys being outside and doing yard work.
- Most of all, Robin enjoys tending to her four bee hives!
- DESIGN STYLE: Minimalistic, with a few family antiques thrown in.